DO I NEED A SURVEY
When buying a property the Consumers’ Association says that having a survey carried out by a Chartered Surveyor makes good sense and could save thousands in costly repair bills. Research shows that the average cost of unplanned repairs is £1,800.
How much is it worth?
There are some circumstances in which you may require a valuation report.
Valuations are necessary for Help 2 Buy, matrimonial purposes, inheritance tax and probate or when buying or selling a property held under shared ownership etc. Graeme can provide a valuation report which is similar in detail and scope to a mortgage valuation. This type of report only contains brief comments on the condition of a property and may recommend that a more detailed report is necessary.
Help 2 Buy Valuations
If you have used the Help to Buy scheme and are now in a position to remortgage or sell your home and repay your loan, then you need to get a RICS regulated valuation.
Graeme can carry out the required independent valuation for Target HCA which is fully compliant with their requirements:
- You must hire a RICS regulated independent chartered valuer to carry out the valuation.
- They must be registered with RICS and be independent to an estate agent
- They cannot be related to you
- The valuer must provide at least 3 comparable properties and sale prices
- Those properties must be like for like with regards to property type, size, and age, and must be within a 2 mile radius of your property
- Valuations carried out for bank or mortgage purposes won’t be accepted
- The valuer must inspect the property interior and provide a full valuation report [not a survey]
- The report must be on headed paper, signed by a RICS surveyor, dated, and addressed to the appropriate association.
I found your report to be a very thorough and informative and I am very appreciative of all that is has shown. It clearly shows what a keen eye can pick up on.
Thank you very much for the thorough report. It has given us a good insight into what we would be buying. I'm very glad we used your services as I feel I can trust the report 100%. I will certainly pass on your name to anyone I know who may require survey services. All the best and thanks again.
Thank you so much Graeme for getting this done so quickly. I have had a quick read through, and this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for going into so much detail. I will definitely recommend you if anyone I know needs a surveyor. Many thanks.
Thanks for the report and the details enclosed. Regarding the quality of the report and I can only say that I am very impressed, the report itself is far more detailed that previous reports I have obtained and the pictures clarify your observations. I will pass my recommendations to personal contacts.